By Lance Loveday
Billions of greenbacks in spending judgements are encouraged by means of websites. So why are not companies laser-focused on designing their websites to maximise their go back on funding (ROI)?
Web layout can do greater than make a domain glance good—it could be a strong strategic weapon that boosts monetary returns and creates aggressive advantage.
It's time to make sites dependable. it is time to make layout judgements according to metrics and enterprise ambitions. it is time for website design for ROI.
In this publication you are going to learn:
- Why such a lot of enterprises take into consideration website design the incorrect way
- How small layout adjustments may have a huge impact in your backside line
- Simple tips to extend net sales/leads by means of 10% – 50% (or more)
- Concrete layout directions for:
- Landing pages
- Home pages
- Category pages
- Detail pages
- Checkout processes
Packed with useful examples from a wide selection of web sites!
By Bruce Lawson, Remy Sharp
All of sudden, everyone’s speaking approximately HTML5, and prepared or now not, you want to get familiar with this robust new improvement in net and alertness layout. a few of its new positive aspects are already being applied by way of latest browsers, and lots more and plenty extra is round the corner.
Written via builders who've been utilizing the recent language for the earlier yr of their paintings, this e-book indicates you ways to begin adapting the language now to gain its merits on today’s browsers. instead of being simply an instructional research, it concentrates at the practical—the difficulties HTML5 can remedy for you without delay. via following the book’s hands-on HTML5 code examples you’ll learn:
* new semantics and constructions to aid your website develop into richer and extra accessible
* the makes use of of local multimedia for video and audio
* concepts for drawing traces, fills, gradients, photos and textual content with canvas
* find out how to construct extra clever internet forms
* implementation of recent garage concepts and internet databases
* how geolocation works with HTML5 in either net and cellular applications
All the code from this ebook (and extra) is obtainable at www.introducinghtml5.com.
There seem to be intermittent issues of the 1st printing of Introducing HTML5. in case you have this kind of copies, please e-mail us at <u>[email protected]</u> with a replica of your receipt (from any reseller), and we'll both supply entry to the publication or ship you one other reproduction of the print ebook -- whichever you wish. If you’d just like the booklet we will be able to upload that for your Peachpit.com account. You can organize a unfastened account at www.peachpit.com/join <<u>http://www.peachpit.com/join</u>>;. thank you loads to your understanding!
By Mizanur Rahman
Install, deal with, and customise your personal MediaWiki-based site
- Install and administer MediaWiki to construct a winning wiki site
- Master the various administrative projects linked to working and securing your wiki
- Clear specialise in newbies with plenty of step by step directions and transparent explanation
- Up-to-date with model 1.15 of MediaWiki, published in June 2009
MediaWiki is the loose, open-source wiki engine software program that powers Wikipedia and lots of of the opposite renowned wikis around the net. Written in personal home page, it possesses many good points that make it the engine of selection for big collaborative wikis: versatile markup, complete person administration, multimedia dealing with, and extra. even if you're making a public wiki for open contributions, a personal wiki for taking part inside of your paintings crew or team of buddies, or perhaps a wiki for private use, this ebook provides you with the entire crucial steps you require to accomplish this.
This booklet covers the best way to administer clients, again up and restoration content material correctly, migrate your install to a different server or database, or even make hacks to the code. From the install technique to customizing the pages, you'll research what it takes to run a good designed, safe MediaWiki site.
Throughout the process this booklet, you can find the numerous other ways that MediaWiki can be utilized on the net. This e-book covers the open resource MediaWiki wiki engine from set up and getting begun via structuring your collaborative site, complex formatting, pictures, and multimedia to migrating your deploy and developing new MediWiki templates. once you can be brought to the various makes use of of a wiki, additionally, you will be taken via step by step workouts to help you grasp the numerous administrative initiatives linked to operating and securing your wiki. you'll easy methods to hinder unauthorized edits being made to content material, the way to hinder junk mail, how one can again up and repair your wiki, find out how to configure its glance and performance to fit your wishes, and lots more and plenty more.
A fast paced, pleasant consultant that makes use of a enjoyable instance to coach all of MediaWiki's key features.
What you are going to examine from this book
- Install MediaWiki in your server and start quickly
- Create new MediaWiki templates and configure MediaWiki to fit your own taste
- Secure your wiki opposed to malicious users
- Integrate multimedia records into your wiki
- Add extensions to extend the performance of your wiki
- Get your MediaWiki website up and operating fast no matter if you are not definite how wikis work
- Maintain your wiki via backups and different tasks
- Manage clients and guard pages from vandalism
- Dig into the documents that run your MediaWiki site
- Learn how you can use MediaWiki for collaborationa
- Understand what being an excellent MediaWiki administrator entails
- Integrate your wiki with different collaboration software
This e-book used to be written with the newbie in brain. It walks you thru step by step workouts and uses illustrations to teach precisely what's going in every one. you can be taken via workouts that not just assist you to construct an outstanding, safe wiki, yet supply a beginning on that you could construct and problem your self to benefit much more. through the ebook, you'll persist with alongside as a wiki devoted to free/open resource software program equipped from the floor up.
Upload seamless, interactive, user-controlled supply on your Flash functions. This publication builds upon your figuring out of uncomplicated ActionScript (AS) syntax with the foundational talents you might want to use XML in Flash purposes and AS2 or AS3 emigrate your latest functions.
Beginning with an advent to XML, XML parsing tools, and a brief advent to AS2 you the way to create a common XML load/onload type in addition to a common XHTML parser. then you definitely the right way to use parts utilizing XML because the information resource, together with the menu, menubar, datagrid and tree part. eventually, an educational project-the layout and improvement of a true property website that includes an XML seek engine-pulls all of it including hands-on adventure.
All the purposes use XML because the information resource and are written as classification documents. pick out elements of the genuine property site are redeveloped in AS3 for reasons of representation. the hot XML type is gifted and particular code examples show innovations to use equipment and use houses. specific recognition is paid to the diversities among AS2 and AS3 and the way to successfully transition from one AS model to the other.
The significant other CD comprises code for all the homes and techniques of the AS2, AS3, and XML classification examples. parts for the true property website undertaking also are supplied.
By Jonathan Chaffer
- An creation to jQuery that calls for minimum programming experience
- Detailed ideas to express client-side problems
- For internet designers to create interactive parts for his or her designs
- For builders to create the easiest consumer interface for his or her internet applications
- Packed with nice examples, code, and transparent explanations
- Revised and up-to-date model of the 1st e-book that will help you research jQuery
In this publication, the authors proportion their wisdom, adventure, and exuberance approximately jQuery that will help you get the main from the library and to make your internet purposes shine. The booklet introduces jQuery and indicates how one can write a functioning jQuery application in exactly 3 strains of code. It then courses you thru CSS selectors and indicates the way to improve the fundamental occasion dealing with mechanisms to offer them a extra dependent syntax. you are going to then discover ways to upload effect in your activities via a suite of easy visible results and in addition to create, reproduction, reassemble, and decorate content material utilizing jQuery's DOM amendment equipment. additionally, you will learn how to ship and retrieve info with AJAX equipment. The publication will then step you thru many distinctive, real-world examples or even equip you to increase the jQuery library itself along with your personal plug-ins.
What you'll research from this book?
This ebook offers you the instruments try to be at the leading edge of the internet improvement neighborhood. With those innovations at your disposal, you can:
- Use selectors to get whatever you will have from a page
- Make issues ensue in your web page with events
- Add aptitude on your activities with animation effects
- Change your web page on command with DOM manipulation
- Use AJAX to get the main out of server-side code
- Transform drab, static details boxes into appealing, dynamic tables
- Breathe new existence into on-line forms
- Create dynamic shufflers, rotators, and galleries
- Get begun with reliable jQuery plug-ins
- Customize by means of writing your individual jQuery plug-ins
This booklet starts off with an academic to jQuery, via an exam of universal, real-world client-side difficulties, and strategies to every of them making it a useful source for solutions to all of your jQuery questions.
Who this publication is written for?
By Dan Woods, Peter Thoeny
- Corporations have ultimately learned the price of collaboration instruments for wisdom sharing and Wiki is the open resource know-how for growing collaborative sites, as both a public web site on the net or on a personal intranet site
- Shows readers tips to manage Wikis in a company environment or on a private web site in order that clients can retrieve info, submit info, and edit the content
- Covers every thing from identifying a Wiki engine to management and maintenance
- Discusses the benefits of utilizing Wiki in a company atmosphere, which businesses similar to Microsoft, Boeing, Disney, and Motorola have already discovered
By Ghica van Emde Boas
This can be a sensible publication, the place each instance is established and all resource code is offered with the e-book. each one bankruptcy ends with paintings on a pattern software utilizing the hot issues realized. on the finish of the booklet there's a entire, usable go back and forth web publication program. This publication is for internet builders who are looking to improve functions utilizing the Backbase consumer Framework. it can even be fascinating for internet builders and internet software architects who need to know extra approximately XML-based internet program architectures.
By Wojciech Kocjan
This ebook specializes in the recent positive factors of Nagios and should train readers to safe their structures in a miles superior demeanour. the objective readers for this publication are method directors drawn to utilizing Nagios. This e-book will introduce Nagios with the recent positive factors of model three for process directors.
By Kevin Howard Goldberg
In the seven years because the first version of “XML: visible QuickStart advisor” was once released, XML has taken its position subsequent to HTML as a foundational language on the net. XML has turn into a truly renowned strategy for storing info and the most well-liked technique for transmitting information among all kinds of structures and functions. the reason is, the place HTML used to be designed to reveal info, XML was once designed to control it.
This publication starts off by means of exhibiting you the fundamentals of the XML language. Then, through construction on that wisdom, extra and helping languages and structures may be mentioned. To get the main out of this publication, you need to be a bit of accustomed to HTML, even supposing you don’t must be knowledgeable coder through any stretch. No different past wisdom is needed.
“XML: visible QuickStart advisor, second variation” is split into seven components. each one half includes a number of chapters with step by step directions that designate tips on how to practice XML-related initiatives. anyplace attainable, examples of the strategies being mentioned are displayed, and the components of the examples on which to concentration are highlighted.
The order of the ebook is deliberately designed to be an creation to the basics of XML, by way of discussions of similar XML technologies.
• partly 1 of the booklet, you are going to how to create an XML record. It’s rather easy, or even extra so should you be aware of a bit HTML.
• half 2 makes a speciality of XSL, that's a collection of languages designed to remodel an XML rfile into anything else: an HTML dossier, a PDF record, or one other XML record. take note, XML is designed to shop and shipping info, now not reveal it.
• elements three and four of the ebook speak about DTD and XML Schema, languages designed to outline the constitution of an XML rfile. together with XML Namespaces (Part 5), you could make sure that XML records comply with a pre-defined constitution, no matter if created via you or by means of a person else.
• half 6, advancements and traits, info the various up-and-coming XML-related languages, in addition to a number of new types of latest languages.
• ultimately, half 7 identifies a few famous makes use of of XML on the planet at the present time; a few of which you will be stunned to profit.
This beginner’s advisor to XML is damaged down as follows:
• bankruptcy 1: Writing XML
• half 2: XSL
• bankruptcy 2: XSLT
• bankruptcy 3: XPath styles and Expressions
• bankruptcy 4: XPath Functions
• bankruptcy 5: XSL-FO
• half 3: DTD
• bankruptcy 6: making a DTD
• bankruptcy 7: Entities and Notations in DTDs
• bankruptcy 8: Validation and utilizing DTDs
• half 4: XML Schema
• bankruptcy 9: XML Schema Basics
• bankruptcy 10: Defining easy Types
• bankruptcy 11: Defining advanced Types
• half 5: Namespaces
• bankruptcy 12: XML Namespaces
• bankruptcy 13: utilizing XML Namespaces
• half 6: contemporary W3C Recommendations
• bankruptcy 14: XSLT 2.0
• bankruptcy 15: XPath 2.0
• bankruptcy 16: XQuery 1.0
• half 7: XML in Practice
• bankruptcy 17: Ajax, RSS, cleaning soap and More
Das net existiert nicht zum Selbstzweck seiner Macher. Der Nutzer steht im Mittelpunkt. Er verlangt Fakten, Unterhaltung, Ablenkung, Bestellmöglichkeit - genau das, was once er will, und dies so schnell wie möglich. Kundengewinnung und Kundenbindung kann daher nur gelingen, wenn die Nutzerfreundlichkeit bei der Entwicklung einer site im Mittelpunkt steht. Usability - das Testen der Nutzerfreundlichkeit - ist die Grundlage dafür. In diesem Buch wird das Thema Usability in seinen verschiedenen Aspekten systematisch vorgestellt, sowohl wissenschaftlich als auch praxisrelevant analysiert und durch Fallstudien veranschaulicht. Der inhaltliche Bogen reicht von der strategischen Konzeption einer Usability-orientierten web site bis zu layout, Technik und Betrieb.
eateria Library 2017 | All Rights Reserved