Some restaurants really struggle during the summer months. According to Chron.com, “A restaurant may experience a slow season for a number of reasons, including holidays and seasonal changes, most commonly determined by its location. For example, the summer season is often slow for many New York City restaurants, as many residents spend a great deal of time out of town.” Therefore, it is imperative to encourage sales and keep your customers coming through your front door this July.
With June coming to a close, it’s time to plan next month’s promotions and specials. Creating a monthly marketing strategy is always a great way to foster customer loyalty and prevent falling sales. Below, are some ideas to get your July schedule off the ground.
1) National Blueberry Month: July celebrates our nation’s favorite indigo-colored berry. Whether your menu includes a salad with blueberries or just a fun blue-colored drink, make sure to promote these options to celebrate the hot month of July!
2) Independence Day: With July 4th falling on a Friday this year, many Americans will be traveling or spending the long weekend relaxing and eating plenty of great food; make sure they spend at least one meal this weekend at your restaurant! Remember to remind your customers you will be open of the 4th—many guests may assume you close your doors for the holiday. And, whether or not your restaurant will be open on Independence Day, stretch specials on a hearty cheeseburger or a bucket of domestic beer throughout the weekend to celebrate America!
3) Chocolate Day (July 7th): Who doesn’t love chocolate? Make sure to advertise your guilty-pleasure desserts on this special day. All a chocolateholic needs to splurge is an excuse, so give them a reason to come to your restaurant for a delicious dessert on the 7th!
4) Cow Appreciation Day (July 15th): Between cheesy appetizers and hearty beef entrees, Cow Appreciation Day is a prime (rib) opportunity to promote some of your favorite menu selections. Make sure to let your customers know about this funky celebration day and capitalize on beef sales through Cow Appreciation Day!
5) Cool off with drink specials: July is going to be hot, so offer your guests happy hour specials. Encourage your customers to enjoy a summer drink special on your patio as the sun goes down. Want more summer marketing ideas? Check out our last post, “Boost Restaurant Sales with Summer Specials.”
July might be sweltering hot this year, but that’s no excuse to let sales cool off. Make sure to create a formalized marketing plan for this upcoming month and communicate with your guests through social media and email!
“https://www.flickr.com/photos/24204960@N03/5904075362/”>Bob Haarmans</a> via <a href=”http://compfight.com”>Compfight</a> <aTags: increase summer business, restaurant marketingrestaurant sales, summer sales